Electricity is often said to be man’s greatest invention… and this is quite a fact as virtually everything we use in our daily life and work runs on or is powered by electricity. However, much attention hasn’t been paid to Energy-efficient electrical installations in Nigeria.
When a home or building electrical system is efficient, appliances last longer. Power surges or fluctuations are non-existent. Electrical fires are a taboo. Less energy is used by the home as electrical connections are seamless and efficient. Again, your appliances are happier for it.
To achieve energy-efficient electrical systems at home, here are few key considerations:
- Use original copper cables for your home wiring. Nigerian brands like Coleman and Napco are very reliable. And affordable too.
- Ensure your installer is always on hand to carry out routine electrical maintenance on your system.
- Never overload a circuit with too many electrical devices. Spread the load.
- For your circuit breakers and change overs use original brands like Havels, abb, Indoasian, etc. These brands have decades of experience with electrical systems and use copper components in their devices.
- Switch to LED and energy efficient lighting to decrease your home energy use.
- Make sure to keep all electrical devices away from water or damp areas.
- Tape down cords that cross pathways to prevent tripping or accidental unplugging.
- Never run cords under carpets or furniture.
- As much as you can, incorporate smart wiring in your installations.
- As electrical systems age, they can deteriorate and become overloaded. Again, it’s imperative to have the right cables, distribution boards, electrical accessories installed from the get go. This way you extend the life of the system and reduce need for frequent maintenance.
For enquiries on electrical materials for piping, earthing, wiring and electrical fittings, please call 08150906094 or email email@example.com. Installation services also available.