When purchasing an inverter, there are some factors that you should put into consideration, let’s take a look at the important ones:
- Consider your power consumption: This is the first factor that must be considered, before setting out to buy an inverter for your home, it is always best to know the rough estimate of your total power consumption. An inverter is different from a generator, so it cannot run all your home electrical appliances at once, so you have to prioritize in other to manage the power consumption after purchase.
- Know which appliances you can power using an inverter: An inverter can be used to various appliances but knowing the appliances you’ll like to run using the inverter will help in choosing right.
- Power Quality: This refers to the stability in the voltage and harmonics, a system with lower power quality may put out a harsh square wave though it is alternating current. This will cause excessive jerking and vibration in a high-power motor like those found in an air conditioner or vacuum cleaner. Low power quality is a greater problem in sensitive electronics, because it can burn out circuits in control boards.
- Safety Features: Safety is very important, so you shouldn’t buy an inverter without comparing the safety features it has.
The ability to monitor voltage is useful, knowing an inverter that has over-voltage protection, surge protection and over-heating protection is worth paying more for, since this both protects you, downstream electronics and upstream sources.
- Considering Battery Size: When considering battery size, the major factor to look for is the Ah value. The Ah value of a battery dictates the amount of energy a battery can store. The most common Ah values of a battery are 100, 120, 150, 180, and 200 Ah, also note that the higher the Ah value, the stronger the battery is and the performance of any inverter ultimately dials down to its battery.
Putting these factors into consideration will guide you in getting the best inverter that will power your appliances effectively without stress.
Energy mall is your one stop shop for all solar accessories.
#INVERTERS #LEVELUP #BATTERIES #INVERTERBATTERIES #LIGHT #SOLAR #SOLARPANELS #SOLARACCESSORIES #LIGHTUP #INVERTERSINNIGERIA #INVERTERCOMPANIES